CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
tcmac08
TaySC
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
GeoCocky66
rt3891
Captain9Dragons
SwampFox
damron
Y Formation
**GAME #1 USC (20-17 (5859)
Daniels Island - Cha (468)
Avicii Dead at 28 (324)
Hootie in Charleston (286)
Dawn gets a longevit (269)
2019 - Savion Jackson
*** Softball 2018 season
2019 - Mark-Antony Richar
**GAME #1 USC (20-17) vs.
Dakereon Joyners' speed..
Frank and Ray Need to Be
***Ace Of Spades - Men's
Dawn gets a longevity bon
2019 - Christian Brown
2019 - DJ Burns

Old 10-15-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default RECTEC SMOKERS

Anybody have one of these or have friends that have them. Looks like a nice smoker. It is a pellet smoker.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #2
uscfan1
Make Yourself

Male

CockyCash: 5200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: RECTEC SMOKERS

Doubt I’ll ever own a pellet smoker but if I did I’d most likely go with a Yoder...I like the direct grill option it has.
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #3
wjmfour1
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
wjmfour1 has feathers coming inwjmfour1 has feathers coming in

Purchased a RecTec Mini last year.. it is an awesome grill. Can do low and slow up to around 500*. Got the sear kit as well and works great for steaks, chops etc. The Mini will cook 2 10lb. Boston Butts, 4-5 racks of ribs using a standing rib rack and roughly 16 burgers. Great smoke flavor.. burn any pellet you like. Ready to cook on in about 10 minutes. Customer service is top notch. They are in Augusta Ga so if you aren't too far you could see them in their showroom.
wjmfour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

My good friend has the middle size one and that's the one I am looking at. I have a ceramic cooker now and enjoy it, but I think that I would like one of these for low and slow cooking. I live very close to Augusta, GA and will check them out this week.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had one as we do have a lot of great cooks on this site and I always enjoy reading about what everyone is cooking.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:26 PM   #5
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

If you already have a ceramic it seems like this would duplicate part of what it does. I would go with a dedicated smoker like the Bradley and use the egg for your higher temp/grilling needs.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #6
Lanek1209
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 500
Lanek1209 has hatched from the shell

I have one and I can say for that money is great
Lanek1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #7
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
If you already have a ceramic it seems like this would duplicate part of what it does. I would go with a dedicated smoker like the Bradley and use the egg for your higher temp/grilling needs.

Hey Yancey, that's just what I was thinking of doing. The ceramic cookers are great in their own way, but after seeing the RECTEC Smoker in person and tasting some food off of it, I think that is the way I may go. I like to take my time while doing these type of things to make sure that I get what is best for me and the way I like to do things.

I will say that I have always enjoyed reading your posts on many subjects, but especially the ones on cooking/grilling. You have a great style and put it down on script in a good and funny way. Keep it up as there are many of us that cannot get enough of reading about grilling/smoking/and cooking of all different types of meats and dishes.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #8
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

Still got the burn for a RECTEC Smoker. This might be the month to get one.