CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Blitzkrieg
Flameout12
BarnyardBoss
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
AR1
Greyrooster
Can the Browns be sa (639)
Official 10/21 games (598)
Bye week VENT THREAD (474)
Alshon, Clowney & (311)
What A Sight (157)
NFL: PANTHERS @ BEA (85)
NFL: BENGALS @ STEEL (82)
NFL: REDSKINS @ EAGL (73)
NFL: BRONCOS @ CHARG (70)
NFL: FALCONS @ PATR (69)
Bye week VENT THREAD
College Football 2017
Name a Gamecock
What A Sight
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
Georgia State University
2018 WBB - Christyn Willi
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
Can the Browns be salvage
Alshon, Clowney & DJ

Old 08-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
cocksman08
OC in waiting

Male

CockyCash: 500
cocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his comb
Default Destiny 2

anybody gonna give Bungie one last shot?
Old 08-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #2
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 1081522276
weatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot material
Default Re: Destiny 2

I probably will. My brother's been bugging me to get it so he'll have enough people to do the raids
Old 08-30-2017, 07:57 PM   #3
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 785200
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

Nope, I will wait for World at War. Destiny was always boring without good teammates.
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Yes. The game looks fantastic. Especially on PC.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:39 PM   #5
RedneckCPA
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 600
RedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPit

I preordered months ago. Still think Destiny is one of the better games I have played in my 30+ years as a gamer. I am hoping the sequel will be good and not go the route of most sequels. We will stick with the Xbox format for now but always think that PC is superior in terms of control.
RedneckCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Free copy with purchase of select Nvidia graphic cards.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:45 PM   #7
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 120000
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

I thought the first one was great, building off that platform should produce a fun game that's worth the money.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:22 PM   #8
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I don't have anyone to play it with, so probably no.

Holding out for RDR....though I did just buy Madden 18
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 01:27 AM   #9
cocksman08
OC in waiting

Male

cocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his comb

I'm on PS4 as (The_Donk08) if anyone needs some team members. def is better than the first I'm diggin it
Old 09-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #10
CoverTwo

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Game is fantastic. Its Destiny without all of the bullshit from D1.

PSN is CoverTwo

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 09-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #11
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 785200
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

Nope- looks like the same shit all over. Let's do the same missions 30 times
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #12
cocksman08
OC in waiting

Male

if anyone wants to team up for the raid hit me up
Old 09-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #13
SCgamecock9
Banned

Male

SCgamecock9 has feathers coming inSCgamecock9 has feathers coming inSCgamecock9 has feathers coming in

I'll just continue playing OW and HotS as far as the Blizzard app is concerned, and PUBG/Rocket League on Steam. Don't need this.. never played D1.
SCgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #14
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I'm pretty intrigued to see some more gameplay from Anthem before I jump into Destiny 2.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:08 AM   #15
cocksman08
OC in waiting

Male

yeah dude I just saw that the other day. looks wild
Old 09-27-2017, 06:16 PM   #16
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I'm pretty intrigued to see some more gameplay from Anthem before I jump into Destiny 2.
I thought about this as well but Anthem is slated for Fall 2018, so you're looking at a year wait. If it gets delayed you could be waiting into 2019.

It doesn't really make sense to put off playing Destiny 2 now because you might play a different game in a year. Even if Anthem does turn out to be better, there's plenty of time to get enjoyment from Destiny before Anthem.

If your entire gaming budget for the next year is only $60 then that's a different story.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:49 PM   #17
cjerickson
5th Year Transfer

Male

CockyCash: 200
cjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudly

Destiny 2 is a really fun games! It's taken all of the positives from 1 and gotten rid of the negatives. You can max out and get great gear without having to replay old missions.
cjerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #18
CoverTwo

Male

They made the game for a causal.

For example, there is not a power level advantage in PvP anymore. In D1 a guy that was 305 PL could clean up someone that was 260. Not anymore. Its all a level playing field. There is essentially in game matchmaking now with the Guided Games feature so you can find people to do Nightfalls and Raids with. No longer have to go to LFG sites. They give free Raid and Trials gear to players that are part of clans that have members complete both both activities (albeit at 10 power level so you have to infuse). So basically I can do nothing all week and if my clan completes the Raid and Trials then I can sign on and get some of the best gear in the game for doing nothing. They removed RNG perk rolls on guns so no more grinding for a god roll gun. All guns have static rolls. They put a big focus on doing public events, lost sectors, and other activities to get tokens to hand in for gear. They changed the crucible from 6v6 to 4v4 and scaled down to 2 playlists (quick play: Control, Clash, Supremacy ; competitive: countdown, survival). They removed custom games, rumble, the ability to pick specific modes of pvp and strikes. They upped the glimmer cap to 100,000. They removed strange coins and replaced them with legendary shards. No more boons for trials. When you level up past level 20 you get a bright engram which you can exchange for gear, shaders, ships, sparrows, and ghost shells. They got rid of the need to grind for Tier 12 Intellect / Discipline / Strength and changed it to Resilience, Mobility, Recovery so all cooldowns for abilities like melee and grenades are the same. They also implemented weapon and armor mods that I still can really wrap my head around on what they do.

Basically they removed most of the grind and the competitive nature from the game and made it playable for a guy that can't put more than a couple hours a week in. In doing that they have pretty much neglected the 1% that play all day and now have nothing to do which I am ok with but I can see why its a fuss. Basically only thing those guys can do now is grind gear sets. and do the weekly reset stuff.

The biggest thing Bungie has to do is add a ranking system in PvP. You have got to give people something they can grind for when content is in a lull. You can't market competitive PvP like you did before launch and not have something like that. I hope its introduced with the new DLC in October/November.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #19
cocksman08
OC in waiting

Male

there's a reason you are who you are my friend. new Iron banner gear looks sick (samurai style). but prestige raid drops next week so hit me up to try and be the first team in the world to beat it. apparently that team gets something