CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
thekob
TastyLicks
Blitzkrieg
FurmanCock
carolina_corpsman
Captain9Dragons
TaySC
Flameout12
Order 66
Zion Williamson pay (984)
Spurrier's take on C (465)
SEC teams mid-season (272)
CFB Film Room Drop R (194)
Nick Bosa (0)
CFB Film Room Drop Rates
Nick Bosa
FBI Charges of Fraud &
A Few Thoughts On This Se
Jake Bentley or Bust
The drops aren't on the r
Battling Apathy
Zion Williamson pay to pl
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Muschamp's signature win

Old 01-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #41
unccgamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Depth Chart Discussions 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I think it'll look something like this .. I have no idea how the backup are going to pan out on the OL. I do think that Douglas, Carlay, Rhodes, and Carty are all going to be in the mix somewhere. Who knows what, if anything, we will get from Putnam, Derouen, or Pellage. I think Manos is the only freshman pretty much guranteed to play. I think the others will need a redshirt including Dylan Wonnum if we sign him.

THAT DEFENSE LOOKS STACKED THOUGH.

QB - Bentley / Scarnecchia
RB - Dowdle / T. Williams or Turner
TE - August / Crosby
WR - Edwards / O. Smith
WR - S. Smith / Vann
WR - Samuel / Davis

LT - Daley / Young
LG - Stanley / (I have no idea)
C - Manos / Douglas
RG - Hutcherson / (I have no idea)
RT - Bailey / Camper

DE - Thomas / Sterling
DT - Kinlaw / Ellis
DT - K. Smith / Webb
BUCK - Wonnum / B. Johnson
MIKE - Brunson / Louis
WILL - BAW / E. Thompson
CB - Fenton / Jackson
FS - Dickerson / Mukuamu
SS - Montac / Charleston
CB - Nixon / Horn
NICK - J. Williams / B. Thompson

SAM - Greene / Fennell

PK - White
P - Charlton

PR - J. Williams
KR - Samuel

Man that WR Corps is TALENTED!!!

I think J Vann could be a OBJ 2.0... same size, huge hands, natural big time catch ability. He's my favorite incoming freshman. He and Dak J!
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #42
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Taking a wild shot in the dark.

QB - Bentley/Scarnecchia
RB - Dowdle/Williams/Turner
WR - Edwards/O. Smith/Dawkins
WR - Samuel/Davis/Terrell
WR - Shi Smith/Davis/Vann
LT - Daley/Young/Carty
LG - Hutcherson/Derouen/Putnam
C - Douglas/Manos/Farrell
RG - Stanley/Pellage/Gwyn
RT - Bailey/Camper/Rhodes
TE - Crosby/Pollard/August
K - White

DE - Thomas/Sterling/Blackshear
DT - Smith/Ellis/Thompson
DT - Kinlaw/Webb/Gentry
BE - Wonnum/Johnson/Fennell
LB - BAW/Wilder/Bowen
LB - Brunson/Louis
LB - Greene/E. Thompson/Staley
CB - Fenton/Horn/
S - Dickerson/Charleston/Mukuamu
S - Montac/Z. Brown
CB - Nixon/T. Jackson
Nickel - Williams/Banks
P - Charleton

Depth issues at DT, LB and DB have me worried.

Offense should be okay.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #43
the camp branch kid
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 5500
the camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post

Depth issues at DT, LB and DB have me worried.

Offense should be okay.
Deja Vu all over again. Lol
with a Gamecock story to tell.
the camp branch kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #44
Kazak
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Urich is 2nd team QB. I hate to say it, but Scar would have gotten some PT before now if he had a future, so we might as well give Urich some PT. Plus he brings some running ability to the mix - Scar is a less talented Bentley.

I think Young is back at Guard to give us a 3rd experienced guy there and allow a youngster to get some experience at Tackle.

Farrell will be either the starting or back-up Center. I think he will compete with Douglas for the job. Manos will RS and might play Guard instead of Center as a RS Freshman.
Why the low confidence in Manos as a center? He was recruited as a center, and the kid was the best heavyweight wrestler in the entire southeast (won the regional competition) and was undefeated against all comers. The dude flat out knows how to whip another big man with leverage. Had to keep his weight at 275 to stay within the heavyweight wrestling limit and will now quickly bulk up to 300. I see no reason whatsoever to underestimate him.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:38 PM   #45
Senior Rooster
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 77858000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Why the low confidence in Manos as a center? He was recruited as a center, and the kid was the best heavyweight wrestler in the entire southeast (won the regional competition) and was undefeated against all comers. The dude flat out knows how to whip another big man with leverage. Had to keep his weight at 275 to stay within the heavyweight wrestling limit and will now quickly bulk up to 300. I see no reason whatsoever to underestimate him.
Sounds Good!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #46
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Pretty confident that Manos will be running with the 1’s when Spring Practice starts.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:54 PM   #47
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1153600
Cockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Pretty confident that Manos will be running with the 1’s when Spring Practice starts.
Maybe, but I kind of thought maybe he would get a redshirt year. If he is hands down the best put him in.
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #48
Goofyboy
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Nice seeing Brunson named to the ESPN all-bowl team. He played very well against Michigan.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:23 AM   #49
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29698000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Generally speaking most OL need a redshirt year at least to get strong enough to contribute.

Part of the problem with our program as a whole for years is our overall depth...seems like in a lot of cases we’ve had to play freshmen not because they’re necessarily ready, but because we didn’t have a choice.

Now, if he steps in ready to play and beats the other guys out, then play him. But ideally we eventually develop the depth that’ll allow our guys time to build up and get ready.

I don’t think he’s being underestimated, I believe the hope is he’s not needed as a freshman starter.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:48 AM   #50
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

I think Jacob August is going to be a "Force" at Tight End in 2018.

He is a huge kid that can really catch the ball, plus he can block very well.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #51
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
As a rule, you try to RS all Freshmen O Linemen. I saw Manos in the all-star game, he looked solid but needed to get stronger. No reason to think that he will be ahead of Douglas, who also has talent and a RS year under his belt.

But I could be wrong.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #52
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
I think Jacob August is going to be a "Force" at Tight End in 2018.

He is a huge kid that can really catch the ball, plus he can block very well.
That sounds great. But just curious - i she any relation to current TE Dan August? I think Dan has the chance to be pretty darn good also.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #53
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1714744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Nice seeing Brunson named to the ESPN all-bowl team. He played very well against Michigan.
Brunson has the potential to be a monster next year. Looking back now, it seems very smart that he was CWM's first stop after his introductory presser.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #54
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Added another great staff member...

Quote:
South Carolina football great Marcus Lattimore is returning to the Gamecocks football program as the director of player development.
The news was first-reported by Mike Uva of WACH Fox.
“It is a pretty full circle moment to be able to go back to my university and help them,” Lattimore said. “I’ve kept in contact with so many people around the university, in particular coach [Will] Muschamp. I’m just really excited about this new endeavor of being director of player development for the football team at the University of South Carolina.”
https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...football-staff
Old 01-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #55
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
That sounds great. But just curious - i she any relation to current TE Dan August? I think Dan has the chance to be pretty darn good also.
This must be sarcasm. There's nobody on our team named Dan August.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...st_888601.html
Old 01-13-2018, 12:43 AM   #56
cocky2007
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 100796
cocky2007 is developing his combcocky2007 is developing his combcocky2007 is developing his combcocky2007 is developing his combcocky2007 is developing his combcocky2007 is developing his combcocky2007 is developing his combcocky2007 is developing his combcocky2007 is developing his combcocky2007 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
This must be sarcasm. There's nobody on our team named Dan August.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...st_888601.html
Pretty sure he is referring to when Spurrier called him “Dan” by accident. Dan August was a short lived TV show around 1970.
cocky2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:57 AM   #57
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Urich is 2nd team QB. I hate to say it, but Scar would have gotten some PT before now if he had a future, so we might as well give Urich some PT. Plus he brings some running ability to the mix - Scar is a less talented Bentley.

I think Young is back at Guard to give us a 3rd experienced guy there and allow a youngster to get some experience at Tackle.

Farrell will be either the starting or back-up Center. I think he will compete with Douglas for the job. Manos will RS and might play Guard instead of Center as a RS Freshman.
Neither Scar or Urich is going to play while Bentley is here unless he gets hurt or we have a huge lead. That didn’t happen in 2017. But Scar is 2nd team until proven otherwise.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #58
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1714744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky2007 View Post
Pretty sure he is referring to when Spurrier called him “Dan” by accident. Dan August was a short lived TV show around 1970.
Yeah but with SOS, I don't think it was by accident. Seems like I recall him referring to Jacob as Dan most of the time. LOL
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:48 AM   #59
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 850000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
Yeah but with SOS, I don't think it was by accident. Seems like I recall him referring to Jacob as Dan most of the time. LOL
so true.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #60
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Neither Scar or Urich is going to play while Bentley is here unless he gets hurt or we have a huge lead. That didn’t happen in 2017. But Scar is 2nd team until proven otherwise.
Scar does not bring a lot to the table - he has a similar skill set to Bentley, just with less skill. Urich may not be as talented either, but he has a different skill set - he can run, which can cause problems for teams that are geared up to stop a Pro style QB.

Plus, there is more upside to getting Urich some reps. A Senior (Scar) versus a Freshman. Urich may or may not be the QB of the future, but we know that Scar is not.