CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
xXSirSpurXx
MountainCock
PalmettoCockZ71
TastyLicks
Captain9Dragons
GeoCocky66
gotrice?
MikeTrainNC8
Quincey Guerrier (542)
Commission on colleg (67)
2020 - Macen William (0)
2021 - Anthony Beave (0)
2019 - Traevon Kenion
2020 - Macen Williams
2021 - Anthony Beavers Jr
TRANSFER PRANK: NFL QB Ja
Rakym Felder
Commission on college bas
Fried Green Tomato Hornwo
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
2019 - DJ Burns
2019 - Zacch Pickens

Old 01-09-2018, 01:07 PM   #1
Daddylawman
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Daddylawman is learning to peckDaddylawman is learning to peck
Default Sports Illustrated's "Too Early" 2018 rankings

They give the Cocks some respect:

https://www.si.com/college-football/...labama-clemson
Daddylawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material
Default Re: Sports Illustrated's "Too Early" 2018 rankings

20th.

Espn has us at #25 in it's first pre-season poll.

CBSports has us at #22.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPit

All depends on what BMAC can do, also replacing some key contributor on D. The UGA game will be huge just hope we don't continue the shitting the bed trend for big home games.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #4
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Clemson in small print.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #5
Eug Cock
Old Dixie Youth

Male

CockyCash: 500
Eug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot materialEug Cock is USC mascot material

I'll allow it...

"We follow the rules here."
-Boom

"Our history is not all that super before we got here..."
-HBC
Eug Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:31 AM   #6
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
20th.

Espn has us at #25 in it's first pre-season poll.

CBSports has us at #22.
I’ve seen a few rankings and we are 21-25 in all of them.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:03 AM   #7
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

I'd rather be unranked. All it does is give Coastal Carolina a reason to want to beat us more, and even if we beat them, then UGA takes us more seriously in the second week since we're ranked too.

Rather earn it by beating UGA, but oh well.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:26 AM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
I'd rather be unranked. All it does is give Coastal Carolina a reason to want to beat us more, and even if we beat them, then UGA takes us more seriously in the second week since we're ranked too.

Rather earn it by beating UGA, but oh well.
So you want to "earn it" by beating UGA, but don't want to be ranked so that we can pull off a sneak win against Coastal Carolina, without giving Coastal Carolina a reason to beat us more???

Do people even bother reading what they type before they hit the submit button???
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:40 AM   #9
2k15
Music Lover

Male

CockyCash: 2016201620162000
2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material2k15 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
So you want to "earn it" by beating UGA, but don't want to be ranked so that we can pull off a sneak win against Coastal Carolina, without giving Coastal Carolina a reason to beat us more???

Do people even bother reading what they type before they hit the submit button???
I can ask you the same question. I've been trying for 5 minutes to figure out what you're trying to say.

Let me clarify in case you read my post too hastily and overlooked what i really said: if we are ranked coming into the start of the season, it only gives Coastal Carolina more of an incentive to beat us in week 1. Not that I'm really that worried about Coastal Carolina, but the same can be said going into week 2 as a ranked team. Georgia will see it as an opportunity to get a top 25 win and we're gonna get a bunch of unwanted press and publicity that just keeps our team unfocused.

It's better to be unranked until after we play/beat UGA. Otherwise it's just unwanted pressure and hype.

Besides, preseason rankings mean jack shit. All they do is make teams think they're the shit, only to find out they actually suck and were overrated. I could care less if we're ranked #25. It means nothing.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:44 AM   #10
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPit

I don't care what our ranking is I just want to win the games. Should've been ranked to end this year but that's big board material for next season make em believe.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:49 AM   #11
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15 View Post
I can ask you the same question. I've been trying for 5 minutes to figure out what you're trying to say.

Let me clarify in case you read my post too hastily and overlooked what i really said: if we are ranked coming into the start of the season, it only gives Coastal Carolina more of an incentive to beat us in week 1. Not that I'm really that worried about Coastal Carolina, but the same can be said going into week 2 as a ranked team. Georgia will see it as an opportunity to get a top 25 win and we're gonna get a bunch of unwanted press and publicity that just keeps our team unfocused.

It's better to be unranked until after we play/beat UGA. Otherwise it's just unwanted pressure and hype.

Besides, preseason rankings mean jack shit. All they do is make teams think they're the shit, only to find out they actually suck and were overrated. I could care less if we're ranked #25. It means nothing.
Coastal went 3-9 this past season. They had to win their final two games to even get there. I understand that Moglia may be back next season for them - then again he may not. Either way, we're not going to need to sneak onto our own football field next season to beat them. And if we can't beat them, then we won't deserve to be ranked.

My point was, how does "earning a win against UGA" stand up to not wanting "unwanted pressure and hype"? So you want an easy win over a UGA that looks past us, rather than beating them as a ranked team. And that's your idea of "earning" a top 25 ranking.

We're going to play UGA in Williams-Brice next season. It's the first SEC game for both teams. UGA will not look past us regardless of our ranking...
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote