CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
FurmanCock
Blitzkrieg
TaySC
GoldenSpur7
Pty23
rabid cock
ConwayGamecock
eklypised
JSmothers1
GAMEKEM
**USC Women (14-3) v (1930)
247 is a Joke (1517)
Robbie Liles is Leav (852)
Les Miles discovers (661)
Who Guards Grant Wil (586)
Defunct/Former Radio (466)
2021 - Micah Morris (314)
Gamecocks beat Kentu (302)
Game Sports Network (105)
Unlucky guy gets hit (18)
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
The Cord Cutting Question
**USC Women (14-3) vs. Va
Robbie Liles is Leaving
247 is a Joke
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2019 - Garrett Shrader
Coach Boom and Lattimore:
Olympic gold medalist Aly
2019 - Quavaris Crouch

Old 01-05-2018, 04:54 PM   #41
BringBackGarcia
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia is making other chickens nervousBringBackGarcia is making other chickens nervousBringBackGarcia is making other chickens nervousBringBackGarcia is making other chickens nervousBringBackGarcia is making other chickens nervousBringBackGarcia is making other chickens nervousBringBackGarcia is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Dan Werner - QB coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
welcome on board coach. And congrats to BMac.

now if only we didnt have to wait 8 months...
Forget 8 months--with all these early enrollees, a new OC and QB coach, return of some skill players, I can't wait for the spring game.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:57 PM   #42
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I wasn't talking about on the field performance, I was speaking more of off the field issues. #SWAG
Hey I'll take another Garcia, sure was an entertaining time at USC
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:00 PM   #43
Kazak
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I'd take Chad Kelly in a heartbeat. Remember Connor Shaw didn't get drafted either. I prefer to have a guy who excels at the college level, a pro career is just an extra feather in the cap for recruiting reasons. If you're telling me you wouldn't take his full season of 4000 yards 31 TDs to 13 INTs you've got some interesting standards for sure.
I would agree about taking a Chad Kelly...he was super productive at Ole Miss. But I do think a Gamecock QB starting in the NFL would be more than just a feather in the cap for recruiting (and it definitely would be that). It would also be a thrill for many lifelong Gamecock football fans who also enjoy the NFL...to finally have a Gamecock to root for behind center on Sundays. With a few steps in the right direction, Jake could become that guy.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #44
Kazak
Blue Chip

Male

Kazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot materialKazak is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
Chad Kelly might start next year for the Broncos, word around town is that Elway loves him. Him dropping to last rd has more to do w off field idiocy and injury.
This is true. According to most draft gurus, Kelly would have gone in the 2nd or 3rd round without the injury and off field concerns.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:27 PM   #45
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Thing about Kelly is he did put the ball in jeapordy a lot. Like Saban CWM dont like that kind of gunslinging. I have been told that Saban want play the 2nd stringer over Hurts right now because the kid scares the crap out of Saban when he tries to make a play when ran out of the pocket..
Old 01-05-2018, 05:33 PM   #46
Wisercock
Bowl MVP

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

I've googled it, but for the life of me I can't find any prominent reason why Werner left Ole Miss in 2016.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #47
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I've googled it, but for the life of me I can't find any prominent reason why Werner left Ole Miss in 2016.
From what I gathered on some Ole Miss message boards, they think he was calling the plays, and so part of the reason for the poor offense was on him....for whatever that's worth.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:45 PM   #48
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
From what I gathered on some Ole Miss message boards, they think he was calling the plays, and so part of the reason for the poor offense was on him....for whatever that's worth.
Which is ironic because their offense, as a whole, was never poor to begin with.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #49
Garnet&BLK
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Garnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
Go back one page on this thread.
Garnet&BLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:20 PM   #50
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 25500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not me. Except for that one game, I hated Garcia's time hear. He drove SOS nuts!!! He was such an underachiever! He could have been so much more.

Tact is for those who are not witty enough for Sarcasm...
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #51
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 25500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not me. Except for that one game, I hated Garcia's time hear. He drove SOS nuts!!! He was such an underachiever! He could have been so much more.

I was not a fan of Bmac being promoted to the OC. I felt that this was a replay of the SOS promoting Ward and Jr. I really wanted him to grab Briles, and thought maybe that was what Kiffin was doing at the practices.
But I have mixed feelings now that Werner is in the mix. The combination of Werner and Bmac might prove to be a magical tandem. At least I really hope it will be. I do know that it will help Jake, at the very least. But hopefully it extends beyond just that. Although that alone will boost this offense a great deal. With all the factors coming together we could see a nasty offense in 18'. Deebo coming back, more experienced Dowdle, Bentley, Edwards and the Smith's. If coach wolf can continue to make strides with the OL, then this could be a great offense next season. And I fully expect our defense to be heads and shoulders better next year than they were this year. We will have a monster infusion of talent and speed on that D next season. Could be a very exciting year. Can we go after UGA?

Tact is for those who are not witty enough for Sarcasm...
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #52
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 77500
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post

I was not a fan of Bmac being promoted to the OC. I felt that this was a replay of the SOS promoting Ward and Jr. I really wanted him to grab Briles, and thought maybe that was what Kiffin was doing at the practices.
But I have mixed feelings now that Werner is in the mix. The combination of Werner and Bmac might prove to be a magical tandem. At least I really hope it will be. I do know that it will help Jake, at the very least. But hopefully it extends beyond just that. Although that alone will boost this offense a great deal. With all the factors coming together we could see a nasty offense in 18'. Deebo coming back, more experienced Dowdle, Bentley, Edwards and the Smith's. If coach wolf can continue to make strides with the OL, then this could be a great offense next season. And I fully expect our defense to be heads and shoulders better next year than they were this year. We will have a monster infusion of talent and speed on that D next season. Could be a very exciting year. Can we go after UGA?
"BEAT THE DOG"
From your lips to god's ear! I sure hope you are right. I hope it all works out too.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:41 PM   #53
Cockygaming
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 850600
Cockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Why did Ole Miss let him go in Oct of 2016?
Not sure if this was answered yet, as I haven’t made it through the whole thread.

He was let go when Freeze decided he needed someone on the road recruiting. Before that Freeze had let him do minimal on the road work since he had his kids and no wife. They talked about it on the locked on the Gamecocks podcast a few days ago.
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:49 PM   #54
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

So we hire B-Mac as OC, but he was already on the staff as a co-OC, and he will continue coaching WRs....

We hire Werner as QB Coach, but he effectively replaces Roper who's left the staff. Roper also coached the QBs...

So we still have that 10th coaching slot available, don't we??
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:04 PM   #55
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Kyle Krantz is going to be the 10th coach. It’ll be announced next week. He will be helping on defense and maybe special teams.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #56
sporkgod50
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000003846
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Kyle Krantz is going to be the 10th coach. It’ll be announced next week. He will be helping on defense and maybe special teams.
kinda has a bleh resume. what are your thoughts?

a bison.
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #57
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
kinda has a bleh resume. what are your thoughts?
He's been around champ for about 5-6 years, looks like he was due for promotion.
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:21 PM   #58
sporkgod50
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000003846
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
He's been around champ for about 5-6 years, looks like he was due for promotion.
hard to get excited by that.

a bison.
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:27 PM   #59
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6200
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Can he turn

into

I love this

Damn at first glance I thought that was Dillon Thompson, c'mon it's Friday nite
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:59 PM   #60
scfanz
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

I didn't know much about Werner until I read his resume. Now I think this was a home run hire. Muschamp is proving he has learned from his past mistakes.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote