CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
FurmanCock
Captain9Dragons
etowngangsta
Master Bedroom
GregoryHouse
TaySC
rt3891
DJ35
SanAntonioCock
carolina_corpsman
Dowdle vs Williams (970)
G-League offering $1 (265)
The Sound of Starbuc (67)
Tennessee tickets (1)
Dowdle vs Williams
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Georgia State University
Muschamp's signature win
Tennessee tickets
Kelly Bryant transferring
How Good Can Frank's Team
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
G-League offering $125k t
Pickens needs your Help

Old 11-07-2017, 09:30 AM   #1
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit
Default COD: WWII

Man a new COD game is released and not a thread in sight? The franchise has really lost its steam. It may just be the honeymoon phase, but I am enjoying this iteration so far. Outside of some networking issues and bad UI, the base game is a good time waster for the time being. After playing BF1 a good bit for the past year, I really do miss the ability to blow up the buildings and environment. I know that is one of BFs signature draws, but I really wish it was in COD.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #2
CarolinaCJAM
Class of 2017

Male

CockyCash: 400
CarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudly
Default Re: COD: WWII

I've only played campaign so far, but I'm loving it! That being said, I haven't owned a COD since Big Red One for PS2. Glad they stopped with the futuristic settings. I'd love to see one on the Revolutionary or Civil War.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #3
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2315723
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

I won't be able to play until Friday. How are the killstreaks?
Ahmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #4
ultimatetailgater
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

meh same old crap with a different skin on the weapons and player models. Much more excited about Battlefront 2. Also the Frozen Wilds xpac for Horizon: Zero Dawn is out this week :)

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #5
BigSpenda864
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

I traded in my BF1 so there is no going back now. I was bored with BF1 and just never really desired to play it. I like this COD better than the last few COD games. Its been quite a while since I played a COD so maybe that's one reason I'm enjoying this one. I am only four games or so in thus far. I don't have the time these days to play for hours. I'll try to be some this week yogi. I'll look for you.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #6
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Might get the next Treyarch one, if it looks good.

Played Battlefront Beta some. It was kind of fun, but I could see it getting old real fast. Basically you have like a jab and a heavy/special attack/shot with every class. Had fun with the space fighter combat. Probably won't get it either. 3rd person shooters are...
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:36 PM   #7
SR4-AJ1
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9990000
SR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPit

COD started to fall way off the map for me when they started getting futuristic and you could fly. Havenít had the urge to play any of them except when the best COD ever got revamped with better graphics last year(COD4)?! Slightly interested in this one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
BigSpenda864
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

The futuristic stuff and jumping over buildings, etc. is where they finally lost me as well. This one is definitely a throw back to the old style. That's probably why I like it so far.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #9
wwhutto
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 672
wwhutto has feathers coming inwwhutto has feathers coming in

I so highly anticipated COD WII that I'm afraid of a letdown. So far, so good. I've only played the first part of the story and only a few multiplayer rounds, but i like it.

I will say this, though. You could have made a really cool drinking game out of the launch party if you took a shot every time someone said "boots on the ground".
wwhutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #10
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhutto View Post
I so highly anticipated COD WII that I'm afraid of a letdown. So far, so good. I've only played the first part of the story and only a few multiplayer rounds, but i like it.

I will say this, though. You could have made a really cool drinking game out of the launch party if you took a shot every time someone said "boots on the ground".
That's literally how my cousin described the game too me "boots on the ground" lol.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #11
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
I won't be able to play until Friday. How are the killstreaks?
They are ok, nothing impressive, but that is how I like it. I don't like games where killstreaks have dominated everything. I really only play TDM at them moment, so you really don't see a lot of killstreaks. The UAV is better in that it only shows general direction of enemies until you get in a closer proximity to show them on the mini map. There is a score streak practice area in the Headquarters area that you can use all of them to practice them. I do like the Headquarters area addition to the game.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:14 AM   #12
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
They are ok, nothing impressive, but that is how I like it. I don't like games where killstreaks have dominated everything. I really only play TDM at them moment, so you really don't see a lot of killstreaks. The UAV is better in that it only shows general direction of enemies until you get in a closer proximity to show them on the mini map. There is a score streak practice area in the Headquarters area that you can use all of them to practice them. I do like the Headquarters area addition to the game.
Have they fixed the servers for HQ?
Old 11-08-2017, 09:39 AM   #13
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864 View Post
I traded in my BF1 so there is no going back now. I was bored with BF1 and just never really desired to play it. I like this COD better than the last few COD games. Its been quite a while since I played a COD so maybe that's one reason I'm enjoying this one. I am only four games or so in thus far. I don't have the time these days to play for hours. I'll try to be some this week yogi. I'll look for you.
I understand about BF1. I think it is a good game, but it was missing that good progression system that keeps you wanting to play. It seems like a lot of the progression was tied into DLC guns and i just didn't feel like spending the money.

I cannot remember if your wife had the baby yet. I imagine with a newborn the time can be limited, so we will catch up sometime.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #14
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Have they fixed the servers for HQ?
What is the issue with HQ? I have always been in a party so it has worked for me. Is there an issue with not being able to see randoms if you are not in a party?
Old 11-08-2017, 09:44 AM   #15
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Might get the next Treyarch one, if it looks good.

Played Battlefront Beta some. It was kind of fun, but I could see it getting old real fast. Basically you have like a jab and a heavy/special attack/shot with every class. Had fun with the space fighter combat. Probably won't get it either. 3rd person shooters are...
Come on and get you a cheap copy once it goes on sale. I think you would enjoy this one.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #16
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
What is the issue with HQ? I have always been in a party so it has worked for me. Is there an issue with not being able to see randoms if you are not in a party?
Yeah that's the problem i've heard some have had. Guess i'll find out Friday.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #17
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
meh same old crap with a different skin on the weapons and player models. Much more excited about Battlefront 2. Also the Frozen Wilds xpac for Horizon: Zero Dawn is out this week :)
Battlefront 2 does look nice, but I can't get over the choice of 1st person vs 3rd person. They need to make it just 1st person.

I still want to play Horizon. Hopefully I can catch it on sale over the holidays. I One this is for sure, I need to upgrade my HDD because I am tired of having to delete games in order to play more games.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:05 AM   #18
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Battlefront 2 does look nice, but I can't get over the choice of 1st person vs 3rd person. They need to make it just 1st person.

I still want to play Horizon. Hopefully I can catch it on sale over the holidays. I One this is for sure, I need to upgrade my HDD because I am tired of having to delete games in order to play more games.
I know Best Buy will have it(Horizon) for $20 Black Friday. I'm looking to upgrade my HDD too. Seems like game files are getting larger and larger.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #19
scgc2014
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
scgc2014 is developing his combscgc2014 is developing his combscgc2014 is developing his combscgc2014 is developing his combscgc2014 is developing his combscgc2014 is developing his combscgc2014 is developing his combscgc2014 is developing his combscgc2014 is developing his combscgc2014 is developing his comb

Quote:

I just got the Horizon Full Edition that comes with the frozen expansion pack and other extra digital content, it was 50 bucks on Amazon and I got it for 40 with prime. Thought it was a good deal plus I didn't get it originally but wanted to.
scgc2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #20
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

I've only done 1 mission in the campaign so far, but a friend and I have been putting some quality time into zombies. I like that they give you text objectives to at least give you an idea of what you should be doing this time around, and the settings in this one are second to none if you enjoy the morbid Nazi theme with a little horror vibe. Of course there's a slight learning curve at first, but once you figure out what to do in the sections you can start strategizing where to spend your points first, where team mates should be positioned for certain tasks, etc.