CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Lancelot
thekob
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
rt3891
Master Bedroom
Take-a-Knee
carolina_corpsman
2k15
MountainCock
Dickerson medically (568)
2019 - SF - Juwan Gary (M
SEC Media Days
Gamecock Football Mini Pl
Dickerson medically clear
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
Kawhi to Toronto for Dero
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2018 Prediction Thread -
Gamecock Jordan brand?
USC 2018 Rank The Games Y

Old 01-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #21
crowcutta
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jamarcus King season MVP?

he had kind of a similar season to gilmore's junior season. gilmore got beat a couple times vs ecu in the 2011 opener, he only gave up one more td in what was a very good season. did king actually give up any td's this year? hes been rock solid in coverage and has tackled well. a lot of ppl just tend to only remember the bad when it comes to corners.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #22
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I thought King had a great season. I know a lot of people were down on him early in the season because a couple of plays were made against him and he had a few ill timed PIs. If you really look at most of those plays, he was in great position and receivers just made great plays over him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:32 AM   #23
FurmanCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5250
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

After leaving last season with a lasting impression of not being able to bring down any of the Clemson receivers, I think King did a great job in turning that impression around. There is no doubt he was motivated during the off season to add some bulk and strength, and had a very strong season this year. Mad props to any Carolina player who sees a weakness in their game and works hard in the offseason to improve on that weakness.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #24
lfowens
4-Star

CockyCash: 3000
lfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
I only want to add that Wonnum, if he stays healthy, is going to be absolutely amazing here.

Can he run a fake punt?
I agree - he just keeps getting better. Another reason that I want his brother to sign so badly.....be great to have one on both sides of the ball.
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #25
lfowens
4-Star

CockyCash: 3000
lfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPitlfowens rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Right, but 9-4 wont cut it for much longer. Muschamp has higher expectations and he needs to produce.

Sarcasm
I think 9-4 is tremendous for us this year, and even for the history books as well. We have had very few better season records. I will say that we can have a much better team and still have a hard time achieving 9-4. I want more like everyone else, but I am thrilled to be 9-4.
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #26
mack
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
mack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPitmack rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by the camp branch kid View Post
I honestly believe were it not for his LaTech pick we lose that game and possibly fall apart as a team.
If not necessarily Team MVP, I would definitely call the La Tech pick the most crucial play of the entire season.

After he got that pick, in the midst of my misery, I half jokingly said to my wife, "That's the play we'll look back on at the end of the season and say that's where things turned around for us!" I was trying to make myself feel better during that miserable game. But then we pulled it out miraculously.

I think you are right. If he doesn't make that one play, the season goes to shit. We unlikely finish 8-5. Unlikely we go to a New Year's Day bowl against a named opponent like Michigan.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #27
CapitolCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

I’m old enough to remember when people though Jamarcus King should have been tarred and feathered and thrown off the team. Idiots.

I don’t think he’s the MVP, but I’m so glad there’s a thread suggesting he could/should be. Didn’t deserve the moronic ridicule that he received.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #28
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 9109643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

King saved our season on the Louisiana tech Interception but then jake saved it as well on the last offensive drive

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #29
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 9109643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
Iím old enough to remember when people though Jamarcus King should have been tarred and feathered and thrown off the team. Idiots.

I donít think heís the MVP, but Iím so glad thereís a thread suggesting he could/should be. Didnít deserve the moronic ridicule that he received.
Yea I had my doubts about king but he really impressed me this season I didn't find myself yelling at him as much lol

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:18 PM   #30
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 999975894
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

He has an NFL future for sure.. could end up being a better pro
Old 01-10-2018, 11:14 PM   #31
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 25500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet. Jamarcus King sucked all year long!!!! He was the worst db in the SEC!!!! He NEVER learned to turn and look for the ball. He was always ten yards away when the wr was catching the ball. I'm truly surprised more teams didn't just attack him all game long. Several did, but many teams kept trying to run, when they could have picked on him all game long. He made a few plays here or there, but mostly he just got burned!!!! The only db who was close to being as bad as King was Smith. Again, he made a few vital plays, like in the Tenn game, but he was ALWAYS LATE to the ball. He and King were horrible!!!! King was ten times better last year than he was this season. I really thought he was going to be a great cb this year, but he was used and abused on most passes all season long.
Our secondary is going to be ten times better next season with Montac, Dickerson, Nixon, Williams, Jackson and Fenton. There's a good chance Horn, Gipson and Mukuamu will be in there as well. Mark it down. This secondary next season will be soooooooooooooo much better. I'm so glad Smith and King are GONE!!!!

Tact is for those who are not witty enough for Sarcasm...
snoopcockycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:32 PM   #32
the camp branch kid
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 5500
the camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet. Jamarcus King sucked all year long!!!! He was the worst db in the SEC!!!! He NEVER learned to turn and look for the ball. He was always ten yards away when the wr was catching the ball. I'm truly surprised more teams didn't just attack him all game long. Several did, but many teams kept trying to run, when they could have picked on him all game long. He made a few plays here or there, but mostly he just got burned!!!! The only db who was close to being as bad as King was Smith. Again, he made a few vital plays, like in the Tenn game, but he was ALWAYS LATE to the ball. He and King were horrible!!!! King was ten times better last year than he was this season. I really thought he was going to be a great cb this year, but he was used and abused on most passes all season long.
Our secondary is going to be ten times better next season with Montac, Dickerson, Nixon, Williams, Jackson and Fenton. There's a good chance Horn, Gipson and Mukuamu will be in there as well. Mark it down. This secondary next season will be soooooooooooooo much better. I'm so glad Smith and King are GONE!!!!
This might be a bit hyperbolic, and not grounded in reality. Heading into the Clemson game, the only DB for USC that graded (80.1-anything over 80 is very good) out higher on the season was Lammons (Pro Football Focus). King ended the season with 41 tackles, 12 pass breakups, and 2 interceptions. Both picks were extraordinarily consequential to the games and the season. All this while being targeted the most by opposing teams. Were I to agree with you, I would have to think Boom and TRob were idiots, because why else would they allow such an awful player to play more snaps than any other defender this season. The kid practically never left the field. The problem when people judge DBs is they only see the "great" or "terrible" play when the ball is thrown. The fan never pays attention to the 80% of the time they take their guy out of the play. BTW, he was targeted around 90 times and only gave up 2 TDs. I tend to agree with you on DJ Smith to a degree. He busted coverage quite a bit and did not seem to hit as well as his play earlier in his career indicated. I think the stricter targeting rules affected DJ's play and he was unable to adapt. I also agree that the secondary will improve next year, but not because it sucked this year. The only thing that sucked about our secondary this year was lack of depth which kept us from playing the press coverage as often everyone loves to see. The lack of depth had more to do with playing so far off the ball early in games than any one players ability. It was a strategy to shorten games and increase opportunities for the offense to make a mistake without wearing down our thin secondary. We played a lot closer to the LOS late in games.
with a Gamecock story to tell.
the camp branch kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #33
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
Completely rational post as usual /s
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #34
the camp branch kid
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 5500
the camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
Completely rational post as usual /s
So I wasted my time responded rationally? :)
with a Gamecock story to tell.
the camp branch kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:09 PM   #35
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 201562
DrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot material

Sorry but he doesn't pass the eye test.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #36
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by the camp branch kid View Post
So I wasted my time responded rationally? :)
Haha pretty much
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #37
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 6650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
King had a good year but is not MVP or Most Improved - he was pretty solid last year until the Clemson game where he got manhandled, even then he was in position.

I would put Skai, TJ, DJ, Stallworth, Sawyer, Fenton and Kinlaw ahead of King on Defense. Kinlaw was the star of the bowl game to me, causing the key fumble inside the 10 that kept us alive and then recovering another fumble.
I agree with all that, he played better this year but how could he not improve after being very inconsistent last year. It was frustrating for me to watch him because, as the players and coaches say, he didnít have his eyes right. Seemed badly out of position at times and unaware that passes were coming in his direction, and some offenses picked on him due to soft coverage. All the names above had better years and Iíd throw in Lammons.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #38
G&B
time for a joyride...

Male

CockyCash: 200
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

no.

improved but not mvp. still missed a lot of coverage assignments, out of position and missed tackles throughout the season.

I am not sure the team had a standout MVP this year...Wonnum was solid.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:08 PM   #39
crowcutta
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZyn View Post
Sorry but he doesn't pass the eye test.
not pretty enough or not enough muscles?

https://twitter.com/eric_crocker/sta...65332413300737

Look where the DBs Head is.. hip hip hip hip.. reading down the receiver.. ok itís not a comeback.. have the receiver controlled.. now you can look back. Good rep!

my twitter embedding skills are nonexistent. 6 second clip of king covering a wr during senior bowl practice. the guy who posted it loved his technique and if you feel like scrolling down his main twitter page there are more than a few tweets and retweets from other ppl commenting on that play.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #40
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Lol no.....
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote