CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Other Gamecock Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
TastyLicks
Master Bedroom
Spur's Addiction
carolina_corpsman
Blitzkrieg
SanAntonioCock
kick_ball
ShutTheSuccop
Ace Dilcock
whole lotta teeth (1071)
Jackie Bradley Jr. (702)
NCAA: Louisville MBB (271)
**USC (14-13) vs. Ge (188)
Preparing Pheasant (176)
**USC (3-1) vs. Wint (174)
Hey Y’all...Billy Gr (166)
Deebo and Shi Smith (107)
BRITISH INVASION - 1 (74)
2019 - Jacob Conover (49)
Well this is depressing
2019 - Taisun Phommachanh
Jackie Bradley Jr.
2019 - Jacob Conover
Deebo and Shi Smith GIF
2018 Preferred Walk On -
Preparing Pheasant
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
Two-Time National Champio
**USC (14-13) vs. Georgia

Old 02-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #21
GaCocky
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GaCocky has hatched from the shell
Default Re: *** Softball 2018 season thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
USC with their home opener today at 5pm vs Michigan State . Michigan State plays Georgetown in the noon game today . Non-USC games should be free , so if you are in the area come out and pull for MSU in that game . Former gamecock Kaela Jackson is assistant coach for MSU . KJ is a terrific person who loves the sport and really deserves to be a head coach someday .

The schedule for the tourney is at the link below . USC plays 4 games over the weekend (weather permitting) .

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...tional-18.html

ps - No streaming this weekend . First game streamed is Tuesday vs UNC .
Do you know why the don’t stream all the home games this year? They have streamed all in the past. Very frustrating when u want to see the girls play and live 4 and half hours away. Anyway good luck this weekend girls need 4 wins.
GaCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #22
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaCocky View Post
Do you know why the don’t stream all the home games this year? They have streamed all in the past. Very frustrating when u want to see the girls play and live 4 and half hours away. Anyway good luck this weekend girls need 4 wins.
The answer I saw on another site - with the basketball games going on they don't have enough resources (staff & equipment , I guess ) . We're only streaming one baseball game this weekend . Other SEC schools don't seem to have a problem streaming everything . I like baseball & softball both , and frequently stream what I miss . Hope it gets better in conference play .
scfastpitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #23
GaCocky
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
The answer I saw on another site - with the basketball games going on they don't have enough resources (staff & equipment , I guess ) . We're only streaming one baseball game this weekend . Other SEC schools don't seem to have a problem streaming everything . I like baseball & softball both , and frequently stream what I miss . Hope it gets better in conference play .
Me too. I would be good with no announcers just a live feed they have camera behind home that would catch the whole field and wouldn’t need people to run them. Guess i will be checking twitter and the stats feed.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #24
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

USC defeats Michigan State 5-1 , moving their season record to 6-1 . Cayla Drotar with the complete game win and Mackenzie Boesel with a two-run homer .
The Gamecock Invitational continues tomorrow at 10am , but USC's only game is at 5:30 pm vs Southern Illinois .
Old 02-17-2018, 09:45 PM   #25
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

USC over Southern Illinois 2-0 . Dixie Raley with an 11 strikeout shutout . The offense came from first inning home runs by Mackenzie Boesel and Kennedy Clark and Dixie was in total control the rest of the way .

USC is now 7-1 for the season , with 2 games coming up Sunday .
Old 02-18-2018, 09:03 PM   #26
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

USC goes to 9-1 for the season with two more wins on Sunday . We beat Georgetown 5-3 in the first game . A complete game win for freshman Kelsey Oh . Kennedy Clark had a triple and a single and Alyssa Kumiyama added a late home run .
USC defeated Mercer 7-2 in the second game , with Cayla Drotar getting the complete game victory . Boesel , Kumiyama & Watts each had 2 hits .
UNC comes to town for a 6pm game on Tuesday which will be streamed on SEC Network Plus .
Old 02-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #27
TaySC
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Playing well so far. Gotta keep it up though.

YardCock Pitching Wins: (team is 3-1)
Morris (1), R. Chapman (1), S. Bridges (1)

Last Updated: 2/20/18 @ 1842
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:08 PM   #28
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

So far I am pleasantly surprised from what I have seen from our pitching staff. I know this weekend wasn't the greatest competition but I am looking forward to seeing what they can do in the SEC this year.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #29
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
So far I am pleasantly surprised from what I have seen from our pitching staff. I know this weekend wasn't the greatest competition but I am looking forward to seeing what they can do in the SEC this year.
Pitching was the biggest question mark coming in to this season and it's been better than I expected . The offense has been a little disappointing so far considering the competition . We've been doing just enough to win. Some of the veterans are off to slow starts . Also , there is a reason freshman Jana Johns was inserted into the cleanup spot , but she hasn't really shown it yet . I wouldn't mind seeing her dropped down in the order for a little while . She's been playing a little banged up anyway . Got a knee that's still wrapped up after an HBP in Miami . Hopefully she will get going soon . UNC should be a good test . They are 5-4 , but their ace Brittany Pickett is 5-0 . So that's probably who we will face .
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM   #30
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Today's game vs. North Carolina is at 6pm and on SEC Network+
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM   #31
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107299638593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

We're gonna lead the country in HBPs, its ridiculous
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #32
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Good game by our girls against a solid UNC team. Dixie did a great job.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #33
GaCocky
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Good game by our girls against a solid UNC team. Dixie did a great job.
Very good game Happy that they streamed the game. Pitchers and Defense looked great! Scored enough to win stranded to many runners but hopefully the bats are going to warm up in Florida this weekend. Good win!
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM   #34
COCKYWOOD
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Glad to see the girls off to a fast start !!!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM   #35
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

Final score was 5-0 USC . Raley & Drotar combined for the shutout . Freshman Jana Johns was dropped to 6th in the lineup and responded by going 3-for-3 ( 2 doubles and a single ) with 3 rbi . Also had some nice plays at third base . The team will play in the Citrus Classic in Orlando this weekend .