CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
carolina_corpsman
FurmanCock
TastyLicks
LBC
Master Bedroom
gamecockphan
Senior Rooster
SwampFox
Sure, it's a long sh (1032)
Is It Just Me..... (518)
GH Recommends: Histo (273)
Shinedown & Gods (150)
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
Willy B upgrades to cost
2019 - PG Josiah James (M
Gamecock Tipoff - October
Is It Just Me.....
NFL: JETS @ BROWNS Thu 9/
Influential Pastor steeri
CFN: Daily Five: 2019 SEC
2019 - Jaquaze Sorrells
Bowl eligible?

Old 03-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #21
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0
Default Re: Do you work out?

I used to, but then about ten years ago I started doing more office work. So now I work in.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:57 PM   #22
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062190247613
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Do you even lift bro?

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #23
Blitzkrieg
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Blitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot material

Did a 16 mile ride this morning!
Old 03-12-2018, 08:51 AM   #24
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Question Re: Do you work out?

I think it is great what you are doing. Anything that anyone does these days be it walking, biking, running or lifting is good for you if you do all things the right way.

I use to run 30 miles a week and work out 3 to 4 times with weights each week. I did this religiously for 3 years straight and then hurt my back and had to cut a lot of this exercise out. I use to run with guys that ran the Boston Marathon and many other marathons each year and they would all try to get me to stop my weight lifting and just train to run marathons, which I did not want to do as these were a great bunch of guys and use to run off and leave me in the dust and I was a pretty good runner myself back then, but I was at 185 to 190 lbs due to the cross-training that I was doing and they just ran all the time and most of them did not look healthy to me, even though they could run from morning to night. 10 to 15 years later many of these marathon runners have had to get their knees replaced and some have had to have back surgery for pushing their bodies past the points of normal endurance.

I think looking back on it now that if you do all things in moderation and walk a lot, do some kind of weight training or resistance workouts and watch your diet, you will be fine as you get older and won't need any type of replacement surgery. I can understand all of you young guys and ladies wanting the "six pack abs", but try to do all things in the right way. Working and family life can really cut into your workout routine, but you have to remember that you can't have it all and be like a single guy who can spend all the time he has on getting his body to the place he wants it. Don't try to make your workout routine be as tough as someone who has more time and energy to run or ride a lot each day. Walking is great and especially if you get into good enough shape to include some small hills and inclines in your routine.

The bottom line is that it is great to see anybody out there doing something to improve themselves, but remember to try to do things that your body and schedule will permit and don't let anyone tell you different.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #25
d20636
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 400
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

SOMERSET, PAŚMultiple sources are confirming that local man Joshua Dennis has become a CrossFitter and refrained from informing anyone.

A growing number of neighbors, coworkers, and friends are confirming the startling report.

http://babylonbee.com/news/man-joins...elling-anyone/

Old 03-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #26
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

its all about the macros
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #27
flava03
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
flava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot material

[QUOTE=d20636;5162806]SOMERSET, PAŚMultiple sources are confirming that local man Joshua Dennis has become a CrossFitter and refrained from informing anyone.

A growing number of neighbors, coworkers, and friends are confirming the startling report.

I was going to ask if anyone did crossfit but like the article said, they would have already told us by now. I actually like crossfit type workouts but all the crossfit gyms near me are expensive. I just search for the workouts online and then do another search to translate all the crossfit terms and then youtube how to do the stuff.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #28
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 999980500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

[quote=flava03;5163220]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post
SOMERSET, PAŚMultiple sources are confirming that local man Joshua Dennis has become a CrossFitter and refrained from informing anyone.

I was going to ask if anyone did crossfit but like the article said, they would have already told us by now. I actually like crossfit type workouts but all the crossfit gyms near me are expensive. I just search for the workouts online and then do another search to translate all the crossfit terms and then youtube how to do the stuff.

I owned a CrossFit gym for 5 years (and a "globo" gym for 6 years as well). I occasionally still participate in competitions. Interestingly, even though it was my livelihood at one time, don't recall more than maybe half-dozen social media posts ever about any of it. Weird.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #29
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote