CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Other Gamecock Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
carolina_corpsman
kick_ball
Spurticus
GoldenSpur7
Ace Dilcock
Captain9Dragons
conwaycock2
GregoryHouse
Cockytalk Practice r (4186)
Snoop's take, Practi (1480)
NC State Dismisses 2 (810)
New 2001 (646)
HBC Calls Gamecocks (618)
Position Unit Previe (511)
CBS predictions for (467)
Going to my first ga (396)
Deangelo Knight (272)
In Search of E-Waste (93)
Stephen Davis Jr.
Snoop's take, Practice Re
Booger & Greg McElroy
New 2001
SEC Network did their USC
UFC 214: Daniel Cormier v
HBC Calls Gamecocks ...
NC State already preparin
Recruiting news
In Search of E-Waste

Old 08-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #1
JerseyBird
Just go for the ball

Male

CockyCash: 28470146867888
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default ***Volvo Driving Soccer Mom - Women's Soccer 2017 Season***

No preview up yet at gamecocksonline.com (and btw I'm not impressed with the revisions to the site so far) but tonight kicks off (har!) the 2017-18 Gamecock athletics season with an exhibition match at CofC at 7:00 tonight.

Not sure if there will be any coverage but will update if I find out anything.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #2
JerseyBird
Just go for the ball

Male

JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: ***Volvo Driving Soccer Mom - Women's Soccer 2017 Season***

A solid 2-0 win and everyone got to see some action

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...081017aaa.html

No. 4 South Carolina women’s soccer earned a 2-0 win over the College of Charleston in Thursday night’s exhibition match at Patriots Point Stadium.

Freshman forward Luciana Zullo and senior striker Savannah McCaskill found the back of the net for the Gamecocks, who outshot the Cougars 18-5 for the game.

“I’m pleased with the results,” South Carolina women’s soccer coach Shelley Smith said. “I’m more pleased we got a chance to play everyone who was healthy. We have a lot of new faces playing their first collegiate game, and I thought everyone did really well. We put a full effort out there and did some things on the field that we’ve been working on.”

Carolina opens the regular season with a pair of home matches against UCF (Aug. 18) and Florida Gulf Coast (Aug. 20). Both games at Stone Stadium kick off at 7 p.m., and next Friday’s season opener against the Knights will air on SEC Network.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

In general , the site doesn't seem better or worse to me , just different . Only thing I didn't like - on the home page when I see the four main articles on the right I would like to be able to go ahead and click on one . I'm having to wait until it scrolls through in the main box on the left . I only have Chrome so I don't know if it's that way with all browsers or not .

Lots of freshmen playing for Shelly Smith's team . I hope to see them play next Friday night .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:34 AM   #4
JerseyBird
Just go for the ball

Male

Regular season opener tonight on SEC Network!

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...081717aal.html

No. 4 South Carolina women’s soccer opens the regular season with a pair of home matches against UCF (Aug. 18) and Florida Gulf Coast (Aug. 20) this weekend. Both games will kick off at 7 p.m. ET, and Friday’s season opener against the Knights will air on SEC Network.

SCOUTING UCF

The Knights, who were picked to finish sixth in the American Athletic Conference this fall, return seven starters and 12 letterwinners from last year’s squad that posted a 9-8-2 mark. Junior Vera Varis was tabbed the league’s Preseason Goalkeeper of the Year, while senior defender Saga Fredricksson collected Preseason All-Conference honors. UCF has qualified for the NCAA Tournament in each of its four seasons under coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak, advancing to the Round of 16 in 2014. The Knights were the only team to hold a lead against South Carolina during the regular season in 2016, as they took a 1-0 lead on a penalty kick in the 56th minute. The Gamecocks evened the score 85 seconds later on a penalty kick from senior Chelsea Drennan before striker Simone Wark notched the game-winner in the 83rd minute. Carolina is 2-0-0 all-time against the Knights.

SCOUTING FLORIDA GULF COAST

Florida Gulf Coast, the favorites to win the Atlantic Sun this season, has won the league’s regular-season title in each of the last seven years. The Eagles return seven starters and 15 letterwinners, including Preseason All-ASUN Team selections Ashley Parks (Sr., D), Nikki Hudson (Sr. M) and Meaghan Mulligan (Sr., M). FGCU lost to Florida 3-0 in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament last season in the program’s fifth appearance in the event in the last six years. Carolina earned a 2-0 road win over the Eagles in 2014 in the only meeting between the two schools.

Live Stream (Fri.) // Live Stats (Fri.) // Live Stats (Sun.) // Match Notes // Twitter // Facebook
Old 08-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

USC over UCF 2-0 . Great assist from McCaskill to Bahr for the first goal . Freshman Lauren Chang drilled one from 18 yards out for the second goal .

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...081817aad.html
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #6
JerseyBird
Just go for the ball

Male

A gritty 2-1 win over Dunk City. Bahr goal at 12:22, then FGCU tied it at 54:34, then a PK goal by McCaskill at 69:55 for the victory