CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
Canefaninsc
taylorssc
MountainCock
smoovecock
AR1
GregoryHouse
2018 - Rashod Batema (1174)
Scott Frost will coa (600)
Asteroid or Spaceshi (506)
Bowl Practice (478)
tv refresh rate for (70)
tv refresh rate for 4k fl
Martin on the fans
2018 - Channing Tindall
Tennessee is burning
Scott Frost will coach UC
Dan Mullen hires Houston
2019 Commitment - Rodricu
2018 - KJ Henry
Bentley Offensive Philoso
Question regarding new OC

Old 08-12-2017, 10:28 PM   #341
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Dax Hollifield

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
My money would be on UNC as his landing spot.
His decision but, and I say this not as a Gamecock fan but as a football fan, UNC would be a waste of his talent. They'll never care about football the way they do basketball. He would be better off here or at least at a school that fully values it's football program.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:29 PM   #342
Pty23
4th Team Bench

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Pty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot materialPty23 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
I think he's a Gamecock lean! Him and Channing at LB and I'm 10000% content with our situation! Starters from day 1.
No offense, but you also thought Gipson was 100% going to Indiana...
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:11 PM   #343
carolinamyke
Banned

Male

carolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot material

With deep running back depth plus two commitments for 2017 I thought maybe Stephen Davis would be moved to linebacker to provide depth for 2018. It may e he's just more of a running back I guess
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:31 PM   #344
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkSnackwell View Post
LOL

I honestly don't think he knows where he's going. But if we have a good start to our season and go 4-2 or better, I like our chances. He wants to play and he wants to win. He can check off the first box right now.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:30 AM   #345
BigRedCock
kob's DADDY

Male

CockyCash: 5672
BigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
No offense, but you also thought Gipson was 100% going to Indiana...
It's ok....Inlet has friends at Indiana that he listens to
BigRedCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:49 AM   #346
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedCock View Post
It's ok....Inlet has friends at Indiana that he listens to
Does he know Jim Nabors
Old 08-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #347
Ironfan
Banned

CockyCash: 210160
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Cb to Tarholes
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #348
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Cb to Tarholes

That's the wrong Carolina!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2017, 08:26 PM   #349
CockyCody
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000400
CockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot material

Quote:
Cb to Tarholes
Wonder what he will do when/if the hammer comes down on the tarholes.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #350
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Dax, you and Channing get together and make your commitment to the Gamecocks!!
We need both of you!!

Old 08-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #351
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5600
xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Cb to Tarholes
Sounds about right. Figure we get Tindall and they get Hollifield at the end of the day.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:57 AM   #352
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
Sounds about right. Figure we get Tindall and they get Hollifield at the end of the day.
I'll take that and be happy. Tindall is much faster/better athlete and has already shown he can play in space at the Opening. I think he was named the best cover LB there.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:43 AM   #353
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I'll take that and be happy. Tindall is much faster/better athlete and has already shown he can play in space at the Opening. I think he was named the best cover LB there.
True on Tindall, but Dax in more of a Middle LB and is bigger. That is why it would be great to get both.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:04 AM   #354
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
True on Tindall, but Dax in more of a Middle LB and is bigger. That is why it would be great to get both.

AMEN!!

Old 08-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #355
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Yes it would, but it's looking more like that isn't going to happen.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #356
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Yes it would, but it's looking more like that isn't going to happen.
The key is when he commits. If he waits, I think we will have the better vibe going for us than UNC. Then when we land Tindall and NC native Sandidge, Hollifield jumps on the band wagon.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #357
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Quote:
The key is when he commits. If he waits, I think we will have the better vibe going for us than UNC. Then when we land Tindall and NC native Sandidge, Hollifield jumps on the band wagon.

Sounds good to me!!

Old 08-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #358
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I know a lot of you stay away from The State, and that's fine, but here's some information from their article about Dax.

There's also a video interview with him in the article, and he's basically standing still the entire interview ... UNTIL he's asked about South Carolina. He then starts bouncing on his feet a little a swinging his arms in front of his body and clapping. The body language change appears to be a good thing for us.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...168628867.html

Quote:
He is hoping South Carolina will show that it can offer both of those aspects this season.

“I want to see if they’re going to be good when I get there. All the teams that have been recruiting me have been doing pretty good except South Carolina, but I think Coach (Will) Muschamp, this is going to be their second year and they’re going to be doing a lot better,” Dax said. “Winning is a big part. I’d love to see them come in second this year in the SEC or first. I want to see them beat Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, something like that and show that they can win the SEC.”
I mean, no high expectations or nothing there

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #359
Wisercock
Banned

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

I have a feeling there are several guys out there waiting to see the same thing. (what cack posted above)
Wisercock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:13 PM   #360
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Sure hope that's a good sign!!