CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Blitzkrieg
Flameout12
BarnyardBoss
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
Senior Rooster
AR1
Can the Browns be sa (651)
Official 10/21 games (619)
Bye week VENT THREAD (552)
Alshon, Clowney & (362)
What A Sight (232)
NFL: PANTHERS @ BEA (93)
NFL: BENGALS @ STEEL (90)
NFL: REDSKINS @ EAGL (76)
NFL: BRONCOS @ CHARG (76)
NFL: FALCONS @ PATR (74)
Bye week VENT THREAD
2017/18 MBB Schedule
2017 Roster
College Football 2017
Name a Gamecock
What A Sight
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
Georgia State University
2018 WBB - Christyn Willi
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP

Old 05-02-2017, 03:20 PM   #121
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

UPDATE: ESPN #15 overall, Elizabeth Balogun, released a long list of schools she's still considering and South Carolina is among them..

South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, FSU, LSU, Auburn, Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Michigan State, Ohio State, Vanderbilt and Rutgers.
DorchesterGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #122
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

UPDATE: May 2017 - ESPN updated their hoopgurlz rankings. I've updated the rankings here as well. The number next to the '#' is their new ranking. The number in the parenthesis is their old ranking, if that number is red then they fell in the rankings and green means they rose in the rankings.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #123
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

UPDATE: Rhyne Howard, #33 in the class for ESPN Hoopgurlz, has narrowed her list to South Carolina, Kentucky and Purdue.

Georgia Tech, Florida (her mother's alma mater) and NC State were eliminated.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #124
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
UPDATE: Rhyne Howard, #33 in the class for ESPN Hoopgurlz, has narrowed her list to South Carolina, Kentucky and Purdue.

Georgia Tech, Florida (her mother's alma mater) and NC State were eliminated.
Committed to Kentucky a few hours ago.

Congrats to her.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:50 PM   #125
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Missed out on a good athlete that would help us with our length defensively. But really what we need our some very good outside shooters.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #126
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

FLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Missed out on a good athlete that would help us with our length defensively. But really what we need our some very good outside shooters.
Absolutely! Very good outside shooters that are no scared to shoot!
FLgamecockJAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #127
allnet43
Walk On

Male

allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
Took a screenshot of the ladies at today's softball game where Dawn threw out the 1st pitch. Don't recognize the girl surrounded by A'ja, Alexis, and Kiki. Wonder if anybody else does. She may be the recruit visiting this weekend.

After looking at this picture for some time now and comparing it to pics on line, I feel pretty sure that the girl in question who is sitting directly behind A'ja (next to Kiki and in front of Alexis) is Morgan Jones. A 6'2" guard from Our Lady of Mercy HS in Georgia rated #27 and not Tori McCoy as some folks think. If you google "Morgan Jones basketball" and look at the pic of her in a USA shirt I think you'll see what I mean. Just SPECULATION on my part but I think I'm on to something as all the coaches follow her.............if that's who it is she can ball!

Last edited by allnet43; 05-22-2017 at 07:38 PM..
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #128
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnet43 View Post
After looking at this picture for some time now and comparing it to pics on line, I feel pretty sure that the girl in question who is sitting directly behind A'ja (next to Kiki and in front of Akexis) is Morgan Jones. A 6'2" guard from Our Lady of Mercy HS in Georgia rated #27 and not Tori McCoy as some folks think. If you google "Morgan Jones basketball" and look at the pic of her in a USA shirt I think you'll see what I mean. Just SPECULATION on my part but I think I'm on to something as all the coaches follow her.............if that's who it is she can ball!
I agree with you...It surely is not Tori McCoy...It's either Morgan or Zarielle Green...Looks a little more like Morgan Jones to me...It's difficult to know...No staff is more secretive about recruiting than Coach Staley..Rumor is Jessica Shepard is the only underclass transfer Dawn is interested in...There is so much top tier talent in the 2018 class, she doesn't want to diminish her number of available scholarships...In the 2018 class alone they love Nalyssa Smith(best hs player since A'ja), Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Aquira DeCosta, Zarielle Green, Elizabeth Balogun(1 of my favs), Catelyn Reese,...Those are the priorities...Don't know we will get them all..But we are in great shape with all 6...Right now we have room for 4 depending on what Shepard does...Jessica's father is rumored to want her to return to Nebraska

oops i forgot Destanni Henderson the best pg in 2018 class is already committed

Last edited by AmonRa777; 05-22-2017 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: omition
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #129
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 548
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Quote:
After looking at this picture for some time now and comparing it to pics on line, I feel pretty sure that the girl in question who is sitting directly behind A'ja (next to Kiki and in front of Akexis) is Morgan Jones. A 6'2" guard from Our Lady of Mercy HS in Georgia rated #27 and not Tori McCoy as some folks think. If you google "Morgan Jones basketball" and look at the pic of her in a USA shirt I think you'll see what I mean. Just SPECULATION on my part but I think I'm on to something as all the coaches follow her.............if that's who it is she can ball!
I agree there's a lot of resemblance between Morgan Jones and the young lady in the screen cap. I never saw the resemblance to Tori McCoy. Nice find!

https://prospectsnation.com/player/morgan-jones

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...er/_/id/216456
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:38 AM   #130
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

UPDATE: added #27 overall and #8 guard, Morgan Jones, to the offer list.

Been meaning to do that for a while now.. just got around to it.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #131
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

That is NOT Zarielle Green. That is in fact Morgan Jones.. likely on an official visit.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:32 PM   #132
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
That is NOT Zarielle Green. That is in fact Morgan Jones.. likely on an official visit.
Do you like our chances here Dorchester?
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #133
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
Do you like our chances here Dorchester?
I do. I think we'll take either Zay Green or Morgan Jones, whoever commits first.. I'm not sure we'll take both but it's possible. I think SC wants room for NaLyssa Smith and Nelson-Ododa.

I've only started doing research on Jones over the last few months after being alerted by one of the posters here (Truly Cocky), but she is quite the guard.. I think she's a little underrated by ProspectsNation.. her ESPNhoopgurlz ranking seems more appropriate. Jones and Green have similar styles of play that's why I don't think we'll take both... especially when you consider the number of guards we'll have on roster the next few years. If Green (who has SC in her top 5), elects to stay in state then I fully expect SC to turn it up a notch on Jones. But keep in mind.. SC is also in it for Elizabeth Balogun, another big guard (6'0/6'1) that can play that off guard/small forward wing position.. I feel good we'll get 1 of the 3 among Green, Jones or Balogun.. The reason I don't think we'll take more than one is because of who's currently on roster.. we just brought in Haley Troup (5'11, SG/PG), Bianca Jackson (6'0, SG/SF) and LeLe Grissett (6'2/6'3, SF/PF).. so there's a lot of talent at the wings for us, but then Grissett is big/strong/and so freakishly athletic that she can play the 2, 3, and the 4. So for 2018, all you need is 1 more wing..
Old 05-25-2017, 11:38 PM   #134
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
I do. I think we'll take either Zay Green or Morgan Jones, whoever commits first.. I'm not sure we'll take both but it's possible. I think SC wants room for NaLyssa Smith and Nelson-Ododa.

I've only started doing research on Jones over the last few months after being alerted by one of the posters here (Truly Cocky), but she is quite the guard.. I think she's a little underrated by ProspectsNation.. her ESPNhoopgurlz ranking seems more appropriate. Jones and Green have similar styles of play that's why I don't think we'll take both... especially when you consider the number of guards we'll have on roster the next few years. If Green (who has SC in her top 5), elects to stay in state then I fully expect SC to turn it up a notch on Jones. But keep in mind.. SC is also in it for Elizabeth Balogun, another big guard (6'0/6'1) that can play that off guard/small forward wing position.. I feel good we'll get 1 of the 3 among Green, Jones or Balogun.. The reason I don't think we'll take more than one is because of who's currently on roster.. we just brought in Haley Troup (5'11, SG/PG), Bianca Jackson (6'0, SG/SF) and LeLe Grissett (6'2/6'3, SF/PF).. so there's a lot of talent at the wings for us, but then Grissett is big/strong/and so freakishly athletic that she can play the 2, 3, and the 4. So for 2018, all you need is 1 more wing..
Awesome! Thanks.

What are your thoughts on the loss of Coach McCray-Penson and her recruiting prowess? She's been great at recruiting and forming bonds with potential players & their families. Gonna miss the "special guests" tweets she would send out when recruits are on their visits. Do you think it will have an affect on players with us in their finals?
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #135
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
Awesome! Thanks.

What are your thoughts on the loss of Coach McCray-Penson and her recruiting prowess? She's been great at recruiting and forming bonds with potential players & their families. Gonna miss the "special guests" tweets she would send out when recruits are on their visits. Do you think it will have an affect on players with us in their finals?
Nikki was very instrumental in our recruiting.. especially when Dawn would have other obligations, Nikki was always there. But Dawn does A LOT of the "on the road" recruiting herself and she's the only one that actually extends offers to players AFTER she sees them in person. Boyer and McCray may go out scouting occasionally, but not as much as Dawn does. McCray keeps in touch with the recruits as much as she's allowed.. she's the one that calls/text them about their high school/AAU games, gives them motivation, and keeps SC on their mind. Dawn does some of this as well.. but McCray did A LOT of that.

It's definitely a loss, but I don't think it's a loss that's going to knock us out of contention for our targets. We'll see though. I think most recruits understand that even though McCray or Shmiel may end up being your position coach, you're actually playing for the head coach who is Dawn Staley.. so I'm sure a lot of them are interested in SC because of Staley and our program mostly.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:56 PM   #136
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

UPDATE: ESPN Hoopgurlz #57 overall, Brinae Alexander, committed to Vanderbilt University today. Brinae received a lot of SC interest early on but we cooled off many months ago.. she even visited for last year's UConn home game.

Alexander is the 2nd player to commit to Vanderbilt today.. #22 player overall, Jordyn Cambridge, the #6 point guard in the class, also committed to Vanderbilt. Both announcing at the same time and both also being from Tennessee.. likely a coordinated attack.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:07 PM   #137
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

UPDATE: top 30 player, Elizabeth Balogun, committed to Georgia Tech today.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #138
allnet43
Walk On

Male

allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws

The girls in the 2018 class are slowly committing to schools, only 13 of the top 30 remain available. Still time for this to be our best class ever, but I'm starting to get a little anxious. I know we're in the running for several, but I would rest easy if some combination of NaLyssa, Aquira, Olivia, Zarielle or Morgan would commit. I'm good with what we have for next season; thinking longer term..........it's never easy!
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:16 AM   #139
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
The girls in the 2018 class are slowly committing to schools, only 13 of the top 30 remain available. Still time for this to be our best class ever, but I'm starting to get a little anxious. I know we're in the running for several, but I would rest easy if some combination of NaLyssa, Aquira, Olivia, Zarielle or Morgan would commit. I'm good with what we have for next season; thinking longer term..........it's never easy!
..and we're in the running for just about every single player remaining. LOL.. gotta think we'll get at least one or two. If we strike out that would be VERY bad.. but i dont think that happens.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:34 AM   #140
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1748
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Relax. We have the same advantage that Clemson has in football recruiting - we da champs. We also have a super coach with name recognition and the best fan support in the game.

I would think that some of these recruits are not committing to us because we either backed off, were not making them a priority or were slow playing them. If the 13 players had scratched us off the list, then it would be panic time. But if we are still at the top of their lists, it will be a great year.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote